Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Kissy Cashmere

I finally captured something.. hmm, I was going to say "on film" but that doesn't work any more does it? Well, I finally captured something in a picture that I didn't think I'd ever get a good shot of. Let's start with the picture and then I'll tell ya how I finally got it.

Cashmere: Oh, hi. Yes, I was under the bed, what of it? Where do you think I keep all the toys anyway? Biggest toy box ever! hee hee


Ok, what I have been trying to get forever, two things actually, are her double colored eyes, and her kissy mouth. Leo and Cashmere have eyes that are two shades of green/gold. Darker around the iris, lighter on the outside. So pretty! But in my darkish house, impossible to photograph because I always have to use a flash which, of course, sparks their eyes. (I don't think Glitter has the same double color, but I'd have to look closer to be sure and when you get that close to her, she shoves her face into yours) That darker fur in the front of her muzzle also gets washed out with the flash, but it's so cute! I think it looks like she's puckered up waiting for a kiss!
I know this picture is dark, but I didn't even know she was there until I looked at the picture, I was taking a picture of Leo sleeping on top of the bed. He came out too blurry to use, but then I saw her pretty eyes and kissy!

I'm so glad I got this shot. As I said, my camera always flashes. Not to mention that my cell phone is old and takes really dark, kind of blue tinged pictures that are always grainy. I love that phone. It's a purple Razr flip phone! Purple!! Why are all phones now black or gray? Boring, all look alike phones, bleh.. I was an original! I had a purple phone, an awesome phone! I loved my phone!

Notice the past tense? sigh... Alas, she is no more, my pretty purple phone.


She got caught where she shouldn't have been and crunch! No hope. And trust me, I tried..

Luckily, my niece, Twin2, had left her old IPhone here for me because I was considering playing around with one, possibly, maybe, thinking my poor phone was getting just a touch old (ha!) Seriously though, the original charger cord just died last month, so yeah, I was starting to worry. But didn't expect it to take this turn!

I got the IPhone changed to my number and here we are. (Funny/creepy side story: As I was leaving the phone store where they changed the phone, it rang, I looked at it and the call was from "daddy." My dad passed away a few years ago, I still miss him terribly and was just talking about him that day. You think my heart didn't stop? Holy smokes! Apparently they gave the phone my number but left in my niece's contacts and it was HER daddy calling. Thanks for the heart attack!)

So now I got an ugly, plain black, same-as-every-other-phone-in-the-world, boring looking IPhone. This, I thought to myself, will not do! Time to customize!




What can I say, they didn't have gray ones.. Or purple for that matter. So yeah, it's black, but it's a black kitty! With a black kitty and his yellow ball of yarn earphone jack dust cover! I know you cant see it, but that little bitty kitty even has white paw pads and toes!

So whatcha think? Does it just scream me? :D

(sheesh, all that just to say, lookie, Cashmere's uniqueness is showing up!)

9 comments:

Summer said...

I love that iPhone case!

Katie Isabella said...

I love that one eye on the phone cover too. And Cashmere, you Siren you! Ooo la la!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such a sweet photo and a darn cool kitty case too!

The Island Cats said...

Zoey's eyes are like that too...depending on the lighting. The mom had a red razr! But we do like that cute phone case you have now.

Eastside Cats said...

We like what we like, and don't bow to pressure! And my iPhone is pink, and I have a cute cat cover for it, but I like yours better! Cute!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

cashmere; ewe look GORGEOUZ all wayz but thiz fotoz troo lee rockz !!! grate shot mom !! ☺☺♥♥

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Such a sweet picture! And I adore that phone case :)

pilch92 said...

That is a great photo of those beautiful eyes. I like your phone story, I think your Dad wanted you to be thinking of him in Heaven.

meowmeowmans said...

We love that picture of Cashmere. And yes, that phone cover is totally awesome, just like you!