Monday, November 6, 2017

Big Holiday Idea!

You  all know Chrystal and Winnie's Wish, chronicled on the Daily Dose blog. It's the wonderful rescue that I got my Leo and his sisters Glitter and Cashmere from. It's also the rescue that I am always fundraising for; I am honored that Chrystal calls me her Official Fundraiser! I'm also a frequent donor, just to let you know I don't ask for more than I'm willing to do myself. Onto the Big Holiday Idea!

I have this idea, a little project I'd like to get rolling. I know it's early for Christmas, but it's not that early for Christmas shopping! Thanksgiving is coming, Black Friday is coming, Cyber Monday is coming, Giving Tuesday is coming, Chanukah is coming, Christmas is Coming Boxing Day is coming, New Year's Day is coming! So I would like to ask you to start thinking about Winnie's Wish.

As you know, she's had some recent unfortunate returns of some very sweet kitties who did not deserve to lose their homes. She has had to give up three of her dog runs (from her kennel business which she uses to help fund Winnie's Wish) to cats who cannot, will not live with other cats.

Donations are down, costs are up. More kitties means more money. If you read her blog, Daily Dose of dogs, AKA Cats with Your Coffee, then you also know that Tibby Bean, a senior Wisher who was never chosen was recently diagnosed with acute kidney failure. The prognosis is not good, but if you know Chrystal, as long as the kitty seems happy, she will try everything in her power to give them a good long life. This means vet bills on top of normal, everyday, vet bills.

The biggest budget buster though, is always food and litter. Winnie's Wish has a wish list on Amazon. If we could all pick out something, food, litter, another item, and send it, we could give her a HUGE WONDERFUL HOLIDAY! Imagine it with me; boxes and packages arriving every day through New Years! I'm not asking everyone to send a ton of stuff, just what you can.

If we start now, and keep it going, we can supply the kitties all through the holidays, and maybe, fingers crossed, beyond!

Are ya with me??!! Can we do this??!!



Thanks for listening! And thank you for considering joining in on the Winnie's Wish Holiday Package Party!!
Here's the link to the Amazon Wish List:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2B5JHRZW1S7M
Please feel free to email me with any questions or suggestions! anniclan AT aol DOT com
 
PS. Paypal donations would be just as awesome! There is a button on her blog that goes directly to her, or use the one on my blog and I can convert it into litter and food and send it in your name!
 
PPS. You don't have to use Amazon, I've sent packages to her from Chewy! You just need the address which you can email me for or get from the amazon wish list.
 
PPPS. feel free to share the large Holiday Package Party banner, or this sidebar sized one and link to this post! Thank you!!
 

11 comments:

Fur Everywhere said...

This is a wonderful idea, and I hope many people get on board with it! I'll see what I can do. Vet bills and medication costs are monsterous. But I think it's important to help others when we can!

The Island Cats said...

We're definitely with you. Every holiday we make it a point to send Chrystal some food. This year, we'll send double the amount!

pilch92 said...

That is a great idea, she helps so many. How kind of her to give up the kennels to the poor kitties who needed them.

Eastside Cats said...

You are a true friend of a true friend!

Summer said...

You do such a great job of promoting Winnie's Wish! I'll share on Twitter.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We hope their holiday deliveries are extra special!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What a sweet and wonderful idea! Count us in :)

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!
We will see what we can give come payday.
Love Barb (marv and Nellie's Mom)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

We posted it on our sidebar and are going to try and donate, we might not be able to donate til late December but we are going to try to!! catchatwithcarenandcody

Anonymous said...

Andrea, you are the best friend Chrystal could ever wish for. Jane and Lily and Henry and Karen Lucas will do the best we can!!!

Timmy Tomcat said...

A wonderful idea and you can count the Tomcat Home IN!